PGA Championship

Oak Hill Country Club

Titleist

T100

Hot List Gold 2023

Our Review:

WHAT IT DOES: Even in players irons, golfers are asking for more yards or forgiveness in a pleasing package. However, feel, looks and better performance could not be a more difficult trifecta to achieve. To navigate this challenge, Titleist focused on the structure of the club by thickening the back bar used in the previous T100 to promote a meaningful feel. However, finding forgiveness took some thought. Because the T100 is somewhat limited by its compact shape, it’s not possible to simply load more and more tungsten into the clubhead. Instead, an extremely dense tungsten is used (as much as 70 grams) and is brazed instead of welded to the body. This process is more effective than welding and saves weight. 

WHY WE LIKE IT: These irons maintain the size, shape and especially the feel that its loyal and large tour staff and customer base have come to expect. The dense tungsten allows mis-hits to more closely approach center strikes but does so in an appealing shape. For the sole design, Titleist leaned on its wedge guru, Bob Vokey, to design less relief in the heel and more in the toe to help the club plow through the turf like a John Deere tractor. Read more>>

Which one's for me?

Find Out
Price: T100 $186 (per iron)
All products featured on Golf Digest are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Titleist T100_PI_Hero.jpg
Prev Club
Next Club
Titleist T100_PI_Hero.jpg
Ratings
Performance

50%*

Innovation

30%*

Look / Sound / Feel

20%*

* Percentage of total score

Player Comments
Low-Handicapper
"Clean on the top and sets up perfectly to the ball without having to manipulate it. You know when you don't hit the sweet spot. But when you don't, it's not jarring. Just a bit of a pop on the mis-hits. This is a club you can go get off the rack and you can play with it."
Handicap, +4
Low-Handicapper
"I loved the lower profile and compact head. The cavity definitely helps launch. The leading edge made it feel like I could move the club through the ball."
Handicap, 5
Medium-Handicapper
"These feel good just picking them up. Great balance and you can find where the head is throughout your swing. Nice dull thud sound at impact, and the ball just jumps off the face. Pleasing feel with the ultimate sound."
Handicap, 8
Club Specs
Models Shaft Shaft Flex Dexterity Price
T100 True Temper AMT Black/Red/Tour White, Project X, Project X LZ, Mitsubishi Tensei AV White/Blue/Red AM2 LAD, SR, R, S, XS Left Hand / Right Hand $186.00

T100

Name Loft Length Lie
5I 27.00 38.00 62.00
7I 34.00 37.00 63.00
PW 46.00 35.75 64.00

Surviving the Hot List: Season 2

What happens when you drop a golf-crazed Hollywood actor and a retired NFL player into the most grueling gig in golf? At the 2023 Hot List summit, Golf Digest's cameras followed Michael Peña and Danny Woodhead's quest to ace their new jobs as rookie club testers.